This is from our good friends Jim and Monica Brown of Yourhealthsourceblog.org. Check them out for more tips and receipts.
1. Make a list with your spouse or friend of what is wrong with you (or your child’s) health and what you want to see change.
2. Decide in advance and commit to one another what you will and will not eat.
3. Plan ahead for the week. Include snacks in your plan.
4. Only offer healthy choices.
5. Don’t buy or have in your house what you don’t want to eat.
6. Choose one specific night for “splurging” to keep it from migrating into more than one night.
7. Make “better bad choices” when you need to compromise.
8. Don’t reward with food or associate it with emotions for yourself or your children.
9. Choose foods with only natural ingredients and with no additives or preservatives.
10. When reading labels, if you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it!